This post has 176 words. Reading it will take less than one minute.
Dunno whether to laugh or cry.
This is a Tesla ex-engineer talking about working conditions and quality control at Tesla.
For those that don’t want to go thru everything (or perhaps don’t get the technobabble, it is really bad.
– Some cars rely on technology that is being phased out (2G) with no plan in place to work around that.
– Security is terrible and an organized attack could probably take out all Tesla cars.
– Their essential backend systems are run in a terrible data center that makes my “server in the attic” look professional.
– Cars may accidentally get unstable pre-release software because they forget to mark them as sold to customers, and
– even when they get “stable” firmware it might require hot fixes because it fucks up the cars.
Add to that that they get real-time information about location, speed and usage of cars (and happily share that with the Chinese government), and may decide to ban you from their chargers if they decide you use them too much. https://mobile.twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1032939617404645376